Watch the quick-start video to see how to get started with your first add-on, or follow the steps below.
- Sign up for a ServiceM8 Developer account
- Login, complete the Account Setup process, then click the Developer item in the main menu.
- Create a new add-on and set its name to "Hello World"
- Set the Add-on Type to Simple Function Add-on (NodeJS)
- Upload the example manifest.json, and remember to click the Save button
- Click the Edit Function button to view and edit the code for your Add-on. Paste in the Hello World example code.
Your add-on won't be publicly visible unless you submit it to the Store for Approval and have it approved, but you can still activate it on your own account for development and testing.
- Go to Settings > ServiceM8 Addons. Your add-on should appear at the top of the list, in the Custom Addons section (if it doesn't appear, give it 30 seconds then refresh the page).
- Click your Add-on to view the details, then click the Connect button
- Go to the Dispatch Board or Job History and open a Job.
- You should see a new job action menu item 'Hello Action'
- Click the Hello action. You'll see a popup window, this will be populated with the results of your Lambda function.
Modify your code by clicking the Edit Function button in your Add-on's settings. When you click Save your code will be instantly updated and you can see the results by opening a Job and clicking the Hello Action button again.
We can't wait to see all the cool and useful ideas that developers will come up with!
Updated over 5 years ago