Public applications are designed for external apps or add-ons targeted at all ServiceM8 users, and are eligible to join the ServiceM8 Add-on Directory.
- Your app promoted to thousands of ServiceM8 users
- Revenue share with upfront and ongoing billing models through the billing api
Before you can submit your app to the Add-on Directory, you will need to have your billing system in place if you plan on charging for your app.
We suggest using ServiceM8's billing system. You can set a monthly fee for your add-on, and we will automatically charge customers as part of their ServiceM8 bill for usage.
Allowing ServiceM8 to handle charging for your add-on is the easiest way to get set up, and avoids development and compliance requirements involved with managing customer credit cards directly - ands it's frictionless for customers wanting to try your add-on.
- You will receive a monthly payout via Stripe
- Allows you to charge micro recurring fees for simple add-ons
- Revenue share is 70% to you, 30% to ServiceM8 for managing the billing process
In this arrangement, ServiceM8 solely manages payments and refunds for your add-on. ServiceM8 may, at its sole discretion, refund users of your add-on the full amount, or any portion thereof, paid for your add-on over a period up to 90 days. Refunds will be deducted from your monthly Developer Partner payout.
If you would prefer to manage payment/charging directly you are welcome to do so. List your add-on in the store as free, and we won't collect payment from customers on your behalf.
Congratulations! You’re at the final step — publishing your app in the Add-on Directory. Prepare your app for publishing in the Add-on Directory by following these simple easy steps.
Prepare your application for future installations by making sure that the installation process is as seamless as possible. If your app integrates with other software make sure that the user understands what to do to get your application up and running.
- Test your app, use your “Private Add-on Install URL” to share your Add-on pre-approval.
- Complete your add-on store listing in accordance with our Add-on Store Requirements.
- Submit your app/add-on for approval via your ServiceM8 Developer account.
- Your add-on will be assessed and either approved for Partner Preview or Rejected with feedback.
- Partner preview release
- We’ll release your app to our partner network and helpdesk team, so they have an opportunity to up-skill and get familiar prior to the public availability.
- Public Release
- Providing no issues arise during the partner preview release, your app/add-on will be released to the ServiceM8 add-on store and available to all customers.
- Ongoing review
- The ServiceM8 team will monitor ongoing feedback from customers, partners and helpdesk about your solution and expects quick resolution of any issues that arise.
Updated 8 months ago