Public applications are designed for external apps or add-ons targeted at all ServiceM8 users, and are eligible to join the ServiceM8 Add-on Directory.
- Your app promoted to thousands of ServiceM8 users
- Revenue share with upfront and ongoing billing models through the billing api
Before you can submit your app to the Add-on Directory, you will need to have your billing system in place if you plan on charging for your app.
We suggest using ServiceM8's billing system. You can set a monthly fee for your add-on, and we will automatically charge customers as part of their ServiceM8 bill for usage.
Allowing ServiceM8 to handle charging for your add-on is the easiest way to get set up, and alleviates developments from the compliance requirements when managing customer credit cards directly - ands it's frictionless for customers wanting to try your add-on.
- You will receive a monthly payout via Stripe
- Allows you to charge micro recurring fees for simple add-ons
- Revenue share is 70% to you, 30% to ServiceM8 for managing the billing process
If you would prefer to manage payment/charging directly you are welcome to do so. List your add-on in the store as free, and we won't collect payment from customers on your behalf.
Congratulations! You’re at the final step — publishing your app in the Add-on Directory. Prepare your app for publishing in the Add-on Directory by following these simple easy steps.
Prepare your application for future installations by making sure that the installation process is as seamless as possible. If your app integrates with other software make sure that the user understands what to do to get your application up and running.
- Test your app
- Submit your app/add-on for approval via your ServiceM8 Developer account
- ServiceM8 will review your app, and be in touch to see a demo
Soft / Limited Launch
- We’ll announce your app to our partner network, so partners can up-skill and get familiar prior to the public launch.
- Any customers you have waiting to integrate are welcome to jump on board at this stage.
- We’ll also skill up our help desk team in basic usage of your app, so we are able recommend it to customers when the situation suits.
- We’ll announce your add-on via our various social media and email channels to customers and partners.